ROAD AMBULANCE BILLING
WHAT IF YOU LIVE IN PROVINCE?
* Basic pick-up charge of $245 per call (Wynyard, Wadena, Foam Lake, Rose Valley)
* $2.30/km of distance travelled (Wynyard, Wadena, Foam Lake, Rose Valley)
* Waiting time charges: $100 (Wynyard, Wadena) and $80 (Foam Lake, Rose Valley)
**differences in cost due to costs set by Health Districts. Wynyard and Wadena are a part of the Saskatoon Health District, Foam Lake is a part of the Sunrise Health District and Rose Valley is included within the Kelsey Trail Health District.
WHAT IF YOU ARE A SENIOR?
* $275 per call
WHAT IF YOU’RE INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT?
* An SGI plate with a Saskatchewan driver is billed to SGI
* An SGI plate with an out of province driver is billed to the driver
* All out of province vehicles are billed to the patient
WHAT IF I HAVE INSURANCE?
* GMS is billed directly with a valid insurance number
* Blue Cross is billed directly to the patient. The Patient is responsible to pay for services
rendered and contact Blue Cross for reimbursement
* Other types of insurance can not be billed directly. The patient is responsible to pay for
services rendered and contact their individual insurance company for reimbursement
WHAT IF I’M FIRST NATIONS?
* FSIN will be billed directly if a valid FSIN number and health number are provided. Anyone not
registered will be billed directly.
WHAT IF I’M ON WELFARE?
* Saskatchewan Health will be billed directly, but only if patient makes EMS aware
INTEREST WILL BE ADDED TO OUTSTANDING INVOICES OVER THIRTY (30) DAYS. AFTER NINETY (90) DAYS, IF NO CONTACT HAS BEEN MADE WITH OUR OFFICE, THE INVOICE WILL BE SENT TO COLLECTIONS. ULTIMATELY PATIENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT PAYMENT HAS BEEN MADE IN FULL REGARDLESS OF ANY EXTENUATING INSURANCE COVERAGE. ANY QUESTIONS CAN BE DIRECTED TO OUR MAIN OFFICE.